Saturday, December 7, 2013

Welcome to the blog!

I have been wanting to start a blog, and finally decided what I'd like to blog about.  It was more difficult to come up with a name, but this one is descriptive, at least! So welcome to Cats N Quilts.  Topics will include quilt making and it's various facets (quilt history, dating fabrics, modern quilting, traditional quilting, sharing projects, quilts in the news, etc).

There may also be some feline anecdotes and antics, as I am a cat lover, as many quilters are.

So welcome, to anyone who is reading this.  I welcome conversation about the topics of the day as well as topic suggestions, if there is something a reader would like to hear about from me or open a discussion on, regarding the key subjects!

At present, I plan to do at least a post a week but I honestly hope it will be more.  I wouldn't mind if it became daily.  It will depend a lot on comments and participation, I think, as well as what I can come up with to share!  Much more fun if you're not shouting into a dark hole (unless, of course that is WHY you create a blog, and I can understand that, too).  But this blog is meant to be about fun and community, and learning from each other as all the best quilt-based communities seem to do.

Welcome again!  I look forward to getting to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment